Publicize Your Event
Committee Chair Quick Links:
- Information about your committee – Instructions, tips, ads, vendor information, graphics and any other necessary info pertaining to your committee are kept in a Dropbox folder, ‘Committee Chair Information’. Contact your VP for access. When you leave your position as Committee Chair, you are expected to update/upload any files for your committee for future reference.
- Committee Responsibilities – includes information on collecting money, entering into contracts, volunteer requirements
- Volunteer questions
- Need to be reimbursed for expenses? Fill out a check request form here
- Do you need to invite volunteers? use Sign Up Genius
- Other questions? Contact the VP in charge of your committee here
There are 4 main ways to publicize your event. They are:
- PTA Newsletter (Explorer Express) – Articles can be submitted to the Explorer Express newsletter. The weekly newsletter will be emailed to parents on Sundays and will also be posted on the PTA website. Newsletter articles need to be submitted to newsletter chair by 12:00 on Thursdays. Even if you use other methods to publicize your events, ALWAYS use the newsletter whenever possible.
- Tuesday Folders – Printed flyers can be sent home in each student’s Tuesday folder. Flyers need to be in teachers’ mailboxes by the end of the day on the Friday prior to the date the folders distribution date.
- Information Sign – Make sure your event is on the school calendar. The school information sign in the front of the school is updated from the school calendar. Contact the Information Sign Committee Chair here if you need to add your event.
- PTA Website and Twitter Account – You can email your event information here to be posted on the PTA’s website and here to be posted on PTA’s Twitter account.
How and Where Can I Make Copies for Committee Related Matters?
We are able to use the school’s copy room. Please reach out to your VP for the access code.